- GSP Bassoon Cane
- Plastic Reed Case
- Wooden Reed Case
- Non Slip Seat Strap
- Fun Design Seat Strap
- Reed Water Cup
- Silk Bassoon Swab
- Bocal Brush
- Plastic Reed
- Reed Tool Pouch
- Standard Neckstrap
- Professional Neckstrap
- Bassoon Stand
- Standard Backpack Case
- Professional Backpack Case
- Student Model Bassoon
- Bassoon Sheet Music
- Fingering Stamp
Here are my favorite bassoon shops and supplies. There are lots of great places to buy supplies, reeds, tools and cane on online these days, and a few local ones too.
Required Supplies for Beginners
Every beginning bassoonist should have the following supplies. All of these items can be found on amazon.com or you may purchase them locally at Strait Music.
- 3 Handmade Reeds: I make and sell reeds for $16 each (discounted for my students). You will receive reeds at your first lesson.
- Silk Bassoon Swab: doesn't get stuck as often as cotton.
- Bocal Brush: to clean the inside of the bocal where most of the grime accumulates.
- Cork Grease: any brand is fine
- Plastic Reed Case: must have holes for ventilation, pegs not recommended
- Water Container: must fit the entire reed
- Music Stand: for practicing at home and performing events
- Metronome/Tuner: for tracking tempos, practicing rhythms, and checking tuning.
- Seat Strap: most bassoons come with a strap, so no need to purchase another one if you already have it
Your bassoonist will need to bring there instrument to and from school every day to practice. It can be heavy, so I recommend wrapping the handle in a cushion tape or using a rolling luggage cart if they find it too heavy.
Where to Buy Supplies
Music, Reed Tools and Other Bassoon Supplies
- Bocal Majority Store
- Midwest Musical Imports
- Charles Double Reeds
- Forrests Music
- Miller Marketing Co
Cane and Reeds
Local: Music, Bassoon Supplies & Repair
Recommended Bassoon Dealers